Marlie was admitted as a Solicitor in 2006, joining Mallik Rees Solicitors in the same year. In 2015, Marlie joined Coutts Mallik Rees Solicitors, prior to joining Local Government Legal in August 2018.
Principal Areas of Practice
Marlie predominantly practices in the areas of planning, environment, administrative and local government law. Marlie has provided both Council and private clients with advice over the years covering a broad range of topics including but not limited to sale of land for unpaid rates, orders pursuant to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act and Protection of the Environment Operations Act, unlawful building works and compulsory acquisition.
Marlie has been involved in a number of Class 1, 4 and 5 proceedings in the Land and Environment Court and also has experience in conveyancing, wills and estates.
- Accredited Specialist in Local Government and Planning Law
Memberships and Positions
- Member of the Environment and Planning Law Association NSW
- Member of Law Society of NSW
- Co-Chairperson Cessnock Relay for Life
- Membership Officer for Cessnock Chamber of Commerce
Contact Marlie Caban
|Phone||(02) 4922 2326|